navicli is a useful tool to do all tasks in storage from command line. I mostly use it to find the LUN’s trespassed and trespass back it to its default owner.
navicli can be downloaded from Powerlink. Below are its usage to find & trespass LUN’s
Navigate to the navicli installed directory
- d:\>navicli -help displays help of the command line
– Below command will show the LUN’s trespassed from this storage processor
- d:\>navicli -h <sp-a IP> getlun -trespassLOGICAL UNIT NUMBER 2 Default Owner: SP A Current owner: SP B LOGICAL UNIT NUMBER 6 Default Owner: SP A Current owner: SP B
– In the above output, LUN 2 & 6 are currently owned by SP-A. However its default owner is SP-B.
– Below command will trespass the LUN’s to its Default owner
- d:\>navicli -h <sp-b IP> trespass mine
– This will trespass all the LUN’s owned by SP-B to SP-B.
– Run the same command in SP-A to trespass all its LUN back to it.
– Single LUN can be trespassed by the below command,
- d:\>navicli -h <sp IP> trespass <LUN ID>